At my very first Stampin' Up! workshop in 1996 I fell in love with the wheels! When that demonstrator wheeled it across a piece of paper I could feel myself getting sucked in. I went to that party with an attitude~ I hated home parties and was only going to buy the cheapest thing and get out! That was 17 years ago! I still love stamping as much now as I did then! And I even do home parties~ and I love them too!
I have found over the years that I haven't used my wheels as much as I used to~ I don't know why that is but it is what it is! When I saw these 2 wheels in the Annual Catalog~ I fell in love all over again~ except that this time I wanted them to be stamps! I knew other demonstrators who had taken the rubber off the wheel and made them clear stamps. I was afraid too! Until recently... I tried and it is so easy and doable and now I have exactly the stamps that I wanted~ Here is video showing how easy the process is:
And here are the cards I made with the items I stamped in the video:
On the Birthday Candles card I used:
- Gumball Green ink to stamp the background on a card base of Gumball Green Cardstock.
- I added a Summer Starfruit Ribbon and a little Dazzling Details.
- I also layered the markered candles on a scrap of Razzleberry Ripple cardstock.
On The Butterfly Collection Card I used:
- Versamark ink on Coastal Cabana card base
- Stamped the greeting from Lots Of Thanks in Bermuda Bay
- Tied a ribbon using Organza Ribbon
- and added a few little Pearl Basic Jewels
I love the ease of these two cards and am happy with my "new" stamps! If you are interested in trying this you will need Clear-Mount Cling Foam. You can change your wheels and even your wood-mounted stamps to clear mount if you wanted to.
Let me know if I can answer any questions or help you in anyway~