Who can say no to cake? Certainly not me. If I were to choose a favorite it would be anything chocolate but I am not too picky when it comes to cake.
I love the technique on this card- the way the colors blend in the flowers is easy to do with a sponge dauber and some ink and it really makes the images come to life. Have you tried this technique yet? I'd love to hear about it.
Comment below and let me know-
- Stamp Sets – Bloom by Bloom (148820), Amazing Life (148750)
- Card Stock – Night of Navy (100867), Calypso Coral (122925), Whisper White (100730), Pineapple Punch (146971)
- Stamp Pads – Lovely Lipstick (147140), Calypso Coral (147101), Pineapple Punch (147141), Call Me Clover (147139), Night of Navy (147110)
- Misc. – Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper (148795), Pineapple Punch 1/8” Grosgrain Ribbon (146953), Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots (148805), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Night of Navy Card Stock – 5 ½” x 8 ½” score at 4 ¼” (card base)
- Calypso Coral Card Stock– 4” x 5 ¼”
- Designer Series Paper – 3 ¾” x 5”
- Whisper White Card Stock– 3” x 4”
- Fold card base in half and adhere the Calypso Coral panel on front of card.
- Adhere Designer Series Paper on top of the Calypso Coral panel.
- Wrap a piece of Pineapple Punch ribbon around front of card as shown and tie a bow towards the right side of the front of card then trim ends.
- Next, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink towards the bottom right corner as shown.
- To create the ombre effect on the flower blooms, ink up bloom image in Calypso Coral ink. Next, using a sponge dauber inked with Lovely Lipstick ink and tap across the top edge of the flower image being sure to apply ink only to the top edge. Stamp as shown on photo above.
- Use Call Me Clover ink to stamp stems and leaves as shown.
- Add the dots image randomly using Pineapple Punch ink.
- Add Enamel Dots as shown to finish off the panel.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere stamped panel to the front of card as shown.