This is a cute layout and changing the sentiment could make it a card for any occasion. Stampin' Up! outdid themselves in the butterfly category this year. It is hard to choose which are my favorites.
Do you have a favorite butterfly set? I'd love to hear about it.
- Stamps: Beauty Abounds (cling 148726)
- Inks: Crumb Cake (147116), Early Espresso (147114), Bermuda Bay (147096)
- Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Very Vanilla (101650), Bermuda Bay (131197)
- Other: Big Shot (143263), Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies (148536), Stitched Label Framelits (146828), Very Vanilla ½” Lace Trim (141672), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Fine-Tip Glue Pen (138309), Snail (104332), Dimensionals (104430)
- Crumb Cake: 8 ½” x 5 ½”; scored at 4 ¼”
- Bermuda Bay: 5 ½” x 4”
- Bermuda Bay: 3” x 3” (or scraps)
- Very Vanilla: 5” x 3 ¾”
- Very Vanilla: 3 ½ x 1 ½”
- Trim: 6”
- Fold the Crumb Cake card stock in half to form the card base.
- Attach the Bermuda Bay layer to the front of the card.
- Stamp the large flower image, with Early Espresso, on the larger Very Vanilla card stock.
- Stamp two butterflies, using Bermuda Bay ink.
- Stamp the splatter image, in the background, with Crumb Cake ink. Stamp some of the images a second time without re-inking the stamp.
- On the Big Shot, using the smaller piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, cut out a label using the Stitched Label Framelits dies.
- Stamp the saying on the die cut label with Early Espresso ink.
- On the Big Shot, using the smaller piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock, cut out two of the small butterflies and 3 of the teeny tiny butterflies
- Attach the stamped Very Vanilla cardstock to the Bermuda Bay layer.
- Attach the Lace Trim to the bottom of the card using glue dots.
- Attach the saying on top of the lace trim using dimensionals.
- Attach the small butterflies to the front of the card using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. First put a small dot of glue on the Vanilla cardstock and then add the butterfly. Hold the butterfly in place for a second to cement the glue.
- For the two larger butterflies, first bend their wings up a bit to give them dimension. Then attach them using the Fine-Tip Glue pen just in the middle of the butterflies.